Tuesday, October 14, 2008

What did I ever do when I worked?

There seems to be a lot going on this week. Went to VA in Syracuse with Bob today. He had a CT scan. Came home and day was shot.
On Fri, Sat, Sun I will be at a quilt retreat on Owasco Lake. I can sew for as many hours as I want each day. If you haven't been to a retreat, it's a wonderful experience. I always come home more knowledgeable. We often do demonstrations of something new we've learned.
But my brother in law's funeral and calling hours are Fri morning. I'll rush down to calling hours and then leave for retreat. Will have car prepacked so I can take off from here as soon as I'm back.
Think I'll take that Jacobs Ladder quilt I started ages ago in autumn colors when Sue had a thought. She saw the Fons & Porter's book Cutting Bee Quilts and decided we should try this at retreat. We did. So far I've only seen one quilt made from the strips. That was a few years ago. That bag is out and ready to go. We watch Sue when she says "I had a thought....."
Need to make some potholders for our sale table on Oct. 25th for Triangle Guild's show at Fall Fest in Whitney Point. Will cut some fabrics and Insulbright and cotton batting for them. Nice quick projects. I have Halloween and Christmas fabric ready to cut.
And in the interim I'm writing a bio of my mother for the Huntington family newsletter my cousin Bobbie is putting together.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home