Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

Wouldn't you think with all the kitchen time I'll log today that I would be sleeping. No, not me. I've been awake since just after 3 a.m. It's 5 a.m. now. Too early to put Big Bird in the oven.

There will be eleven of us today for dinner. The menu will be turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes, gravy, butternut squash, green bean casserole (daughter Mickey is using Alton Brown's recipe), scalloped oysters, pickles & olives and apple & pumpkin pies. I baked orange cranberry, date nut and banana blueberry breads. For befores we'll have veggies, dips, crackers, cheese and shrimp.

Granddaughters Nikki and Becki will stop with their husbands Mike & Jeremy on their way to other dinners.

Becki & Jeremy moved into their first home about a month ago. Cuzzin Elly Mae and I made a trip up to see it one day. Finally found the right road, saw a blue house and pulled into the driveway. Cat statue on steps. Must be the correct house. They have cats. Peeked in garage windows, no car or truck there. Went up steps. Kitchen window...peeked in that. Nobody home. Emailed Becki that afternoon. Wrong house. I didn't even stop on the correct side of the road. Their house is nearly across the road from the one we stopped at. Sure glad nobody was home to peek back out at me.

What am I thankful for. Family and friends and the ability to meet together freely. Books to read, the daily newspaper, lots of fabric and ability to sew (thanks, Mom), the Campfire Girls and our Red Hat group that I seem to get to rarely, a great local history and genealogy library, my computer and chat rooms where I've made many good friends. My list could be endless. And of course I'm thankful for SweetOldBob who tries to keep me from procrastinating.

I hope you and yours have a most happy Thanksgiving.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home