Sunday, August 2, 2009

New Quilt in the Works

Today I'm cutting 2 1/2" strips for the Merry Go Round that was featured on cover of the October 2009 McCall's Quilting magazine. Merry-Go-Round September/October 2008 McCall's Quilting I have the fabrics pulled and have over half of the 82 strips cut. I sewed 6 hexagons to see if I like the pattern. I'm using the Super 60 ruler to cut my triangles.

Yesterday for Bob's Goodrich reunion I made two grocery bags and a set of place mats. The family has an auction after the dinner to raise money for the next year's reunion. I really enjoyed the food. Bob's niece Breanne made cookies of all kinds so it was hard to resist those tables.

I finally found the site for the pattern for the grocery bags. Here it is in case anyone wants to make some. The Creative Thimble Just scroll down to grocery bag and print it out. After I get the fabric cut it takes about 1 1/4 hours to sew. It's a good way to use up that "Why did I buy that?" fabric or the one that no longer speaks your language.

Next Sunday we'll have the Huntington (my Mom's family) reunion at Chenango Valley State Park. Cousins Bobbie and Belva are coming from NM & OH.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home