Tuesday, December 1, 2009

BLACK FRIDAY

On Black Friday Michelle and myself went to Skaneateles for the Dickens Christmas, shopping and lunch. On the way we stopped at Patchwork Plus on Rt. 20 east of the village.
As usual their yarn selection was wonderful and the fabrics were ..... words can't describe them.
Patchwork Plus was a featured shop in Quilt Sampler magazine in the spring of 2009. Their basket quilt which is in the magazine is hanging on their wall.
We had lunch at the Bluewater Grill, shopped til we dropped and then stopped for a latte before leaving town.
It's been a sad week with my friend Debbie losing her mother to lung cancer and her dog Abby to liver cancer. Another friend Millie lost her mother this past week too. This morning I found out that Jackey was flying from MO to MA because her mother passed away yesterday. Our hearts and prayers are with all of you. Debbie and Jackey are part of our Lancaster quilt show group. Millie is also a quilter who lives nearby.
Our Thanksgiving dinner was wonderful. Michelle helped me cook for seven family members. The granddaughters and their husbands came by a bit later for dessert of pumpkin and apple pies. We still had leftovers. There is a container of broth and bits of turkey in the freezer waiting for a cold day to become soup. The leftover turkey (I cooked a 21 lb. turkey) is in the freezer too. The scalloped oysters didn't last long. Bob liked that and said that was what his mother made for dressing. Jack declared that my dressing was the best ever. I listened to the quilt chat girls and made the dressing early and let the flavors soak into the bread.
Now to get at the Christmas shopping. Some of my decorations are out including a small tree in the kitchen. When I went to change the door wreath, the autumn wreath was missing. Bob finally found it under the shrubs by the end apartment. We'd had a hard wind the night before. I found a neighbor's door mat in the lawn and put it in front of a door. I hope it was the right door.
Chris

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home