Saturday, December 5, 2009

Saturday Musings







Thinking about what to do first today. Campfire Girls and some of the Lavens Girls are meeting at Jeanie's home in Lisle today. It's a dish to pass meal. Jeanie is making ham and scalloped potatoes. Lois Ann is doing the green bean casserole. (I made that for quilt guild Thursday night and had just enough left over for a serving for myself last night.)



Somebody made the corn casserole which uses corn muffin mix. I like Paula Deen's recipe from her The Lady, and Sons, too! cookbook.

Guess my first move is a quick trip to the store. As that chain is open 24 hours, I can get dressed and drive there soon, after I have coffee.
Need to wrap several gifts for our birthday girls. JoAnne and Donna Lee had their birthdays recently & Lois Ann will be 39 again on the 10th. (or is it the 11th)
The pictures are of Lois Ann in pink, JoAnne with long hair & Donna Lee contemplating.

Happy 44th anniversary today to my sister and brother in law Dody and Joe Gage.
On the 19th the Campfire Girls are coming here for lunch and games. We play cards and a number of other games, Mexican Train dominos, Rummikub, Skip Bo, LCR, just to mention a few.
Bob had a call from the VA regarding his CT scan a couple weeks ago, telling him everything was alright. The CT scan was to check on the stent he had put in back in 2007 for an AAA. That's good to hear for both of us especially since I dread driving up Rt. 81 to Syracuse in winter.
My son told me "Mom, don't you know that if you drive Rt. 81 to Syracuse in fog, rain or snow, you qualify to drive a stockcar at Skyline Speedway at Blodgetts Mills." I told him to get my car number ready. I qualified.
Chris



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home