Sunday, July 11, 2010

How does your garden grow?








With ripening tomatoes, cutting celery, basil, parsley and rosemary in a pot and cucumbers blossoming all in a row.

Mary, Mary, quite contrary,
How does your garden grow?
With silver bells and cockle shells
And pretty maidens all in a row.
I'm not Mary and there's no silver bells or cockle shells in my garden, but my little garden is doing nicely, thank you.
There is constant watering, several times a day, last week when we had 90+ weather, but my little garden in pots is doing great. The summer squash is budded and nearly ready to flower.
I love to be able to go out my kitchen door and pick lettuce or a spring of rosemary, basil or parsley to season and garnish my food.
We are going to have BLTs for lunch in a couple of days. They are my favorite sandwich and with home grown tomato slices, they will be extra special.
Chris


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home