Wednesday, November 3, 2010

So Many Pillowcases and More to Come

Here's more of the pillowcases we made at Fall Festival. That's Cheryl hiding in the corner.
On Friday I'm going up to Willet to show the Willet Stitchers how to make those easy pillowcases using the "hot dog" method. June Lee would like to help make some for Conkerr Cancer.
Tomorrow I plan to cut a muslin vest and adjust the fit to my chubby body. On Saturday a group from Triangle Guild is meeting with Barb Ackley at St. Patrick's Church for a day long vest class.
I have my fabrics picked. There was a stash of batiks hiding on a lower shelf and I found about ten pieces that will work great for the front strips, maybe for the other front and back too. I do need to shop for some lining fabric but I can do that after the class.
I had ordered the Carol Doak Easy Reversible Vests from (yes, you guessed it) amazon.com. I was given a delivery date of November 17-19 but the book arrived yesterday. Once I had a chance to scan thru the book, I was more certain of what I wanted to use and approximate amounts.
My third wrapped clothesline bowl is nearly finished. This one uses Christmas fabrics. It needs about four more rows wrapped and sewn.
Grandson in law Jeremy Tennant came home on Monday after his foot surgery. He told me Sunday he has to keep weight off it for at least four weeks while the bone graft heals. We all hope he will have less pain when it is healed.
Chris

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home