Sunday, October 10, 2010

Yes, I do sew

Here's Bonnie Hunter's latest block Hot Cross Buns which appeared in Quiltmaker Nov Dec 2010. After I quickly sewed it together I realized I had sewn the green strips to the two squares haphazzardly. 'Pay Attention Christine,' my mother is telling me. If she was here she'd make me take out the stitches and resew the block correctly. It will make a great donation block. I used 2 1/2" strips and squares instead of the 1 1/2"strips and squares Bonnie called for.
I'm going to add a border so the block will be 12 1/2" unfinished and I will call it Hot Cross Bun on a Plate.
We are busy preparing for our little quilt show at Fall Festival in Whitney Point on October 23rd.
Our display will include quilts, wall hangings and table runners as well as a display of donation quilts and Conkerr Cancer pillowcases. Some members are cutting kits for pillowcases and we will be sewing them at the show. Anyone can sit down and sew a pillowcase. We'll be glad to show people how.
Triangle Guild is a small guild but we do a lot of donation work for several places. In a blog back in the spring you saw the adult clothing protectors that our members made for the men and women at the NYS Veterans Home in Oxford.
Bob was so good to model several for me. By the time I did the second one his expression was more like 'Bah humbug.' He's Korean War vet and he thought it was great we were doing for veterans.
Tickets are being sold for our beautiful blue and yellow Disappearing 9 Patch quilt. The drawing will be held at end of the show on October 23rd. The proceeds will benefit the Triangle Fire Company where we hold our meetings.
Chris

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home