Saturday, November 13, 2010

Strings and Scraps

Here's Martha O'Keefe, our Chenango Piecemakers Program Chairman and Sue (I have an Idea) McDonald busy at our quilt retreat last month.
Martha uses lots of bright colors, as witnessed by this suitcase of fabric she opened.
Last Saturday Triangle Guild sponsored a vest class. Unfortunately the instructor got mixed up on the date, so Sue taught the class. She showed some how to paper piece. Their results were great. Then she showed them how to do prarie points. Several used the points in their vests. Great results. Cousin Ella Mae was there and helped several of us fit the muslin pattern to our bodies. Thanks Sue and Ella Mae.
I finished my vest on Thursday, just in time to wear to Piecemakers meeting. I love it. It is batiks in diagonal strips on the right side with tree fabric on left side and another tree fabric on the back. All of the fabrics have trees in them. A picture will follow in a future post. This is the first article of clothing I have sewn in a very long time.
Sue's going to Florida for the winter shortly. Sure gonna miss that gal. She has great ideas and is always learning sometime new to show and inspire us.
Today I worked on a table runner with pattern called Game Board. I made one top back when I got the new sewing machine in the summer. I decided to make a duplicate backing in Christmas fabrics. It's nearly done. I'll wait til morning to finish.
I'm thinking about making a Christmas vest. I checked the tote of Christmas fabrics and have plenty of fabrics.
While searching for some fabrics I'd grouped together for the table runner fabric I found the Disappearing 4 Patch blocks I made in the spring. Sashed and bordered they'll make a nice couch quilt for someone. I also found the yarn and needles I bought last Black Friday at Patchwork Plus to make socks.
I noticed Nikki had the couch quilt I made for her bridal shower on her couch when I was there. Becki uses hers all the time. Jack, Aaron and Mickey & Eric sleep under the quilts I made for them.
Caleb has his now so I have my family well covered.
Sue said they counted seventeen quilts at her oldest son's home the last time she was there.
Chris

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home