Friday, August 21, 2009

Where We Came From

This church was in North Pittsfield, WI. It was built by my great grandfather Clark E. Huntington. He was married to Mary Tellor in that church in 1884. This picture must have been taken about 1954. From left to right Bobbie, Von, Uncle Orval who died April 2008 just before his 90th birthday and my great uncle Frank Huntington and his wife Vera. Thanks Bobbie for sending me this picture.
The church was torn down a few years before I visited the cemetery behind it in 1997. Three generations of my Huntington great grandparents and many other family members are buried there.
Cousin Ella Mae gave me her 7 Minute Pickles recipe last week. I made them and gave Bruce, my brother, a taste. He had to have the recipe as he liked them and has lots of cukes this year.

7 Minute Pickles
2 cucumbers
1 medium onion
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup white vinegar
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon mustard seed
1/4 teaspoon celery seed
1/4 teaspoon turmeric
Slice cukes and onion and put in glass bowl, at least 4 cup size. Prepare remaining ingredients in separate bowl. Pour over cukes and onions.
Microwave 7 to 8 minutes, stirring twice.
Chill and enjoy. Keeps at least a month or two in refrigerator.

Now off to slice up some fabric for borders. One donation quilt top is done and two need borders today.
Chris

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home