Thursday, August 26, 2010

On Guard Duty

Jack and Bob guarding the cooler and keeping an eye on the food table. Haven't been in much of a mood for writing lately. Had a toothache for days and finally had two teeth extracted. That was last Friday. Yesterday was first day my mouth felt better.
Today the Campfire Girls went to Panera Bread for lunch after a quick stop at the Christmas Tree Shop. Later we went to Sew Many Quilts and to Kohls. After this boost to the economy I went home and took a nap.
Next month I'm taking a class on free motion quilting by Dori Hawks. Looking forward to it as my machine quilting could use a lot of help.
While I was taking a sabatical from sewing last week I read several more of Dana Stabenow's Kate Shugak series. One book arrived from Amazon.com yesterday and another today. Broome County Public Library has the rest of the seventeen books in the series. I finished Breakup yesterday. Spring breakup in Alaska is worse than a full moon is here. Kate is commanded to take her friend Mandy's very proper Boston parents on a short tour of the Park to keep them away from Mandy's boyfriend Chick. They encounter a wife shooting at her drunken husband, two women with guns fighting about and access road, an angry bear attacking the truck, a plane crashing into a truck. Then when they went to the Roadhouse the proper Bostonians got properly snockered. This book is Alaska at its best and worst. Kate keeps mumbling "I hate Breakup."
Chris

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home