Saturday, August 7, 2010

Sewing Along With NASCAR

This quilt is for Jaylynn to use for her dolls.
This little quilt is for Natalia to use for her dolls.
As we watch the NASCAR Nationwide race from Watkins Glen this afternoon, I'll handsew the bindings. The quilts were made from leaders and enders and from triangles I cut when I demonstrated the Fons & Porter ruler. They went together quickly. I used scraps of 2 1/2" wide fabrics for the binding. I quilted in their names but had to go over Jaylynn's with a marking pen.
Thanks to JoAnne for reminding me of the sale at Creative Threads this morning. As soon as my son in law Eric finished the small repair to Bob's car, at his garage All Points Auto Service on Rt. 12A, I scurried right down to the quilt shop and found sale fabrics much to my liking. In fact, there was one in pink that I loved. I had a small piece of this in lavender a while back.
In my next post I'll tell you about our program at Triangle Guild on Thursday night. It was fun and a bit crazy. One of the members said she hoped nobody was looking in the window.
Chris

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home