Sunday, August 15, 2010

Reunion Time

These are Bob's two youngest grandchildren, Natalia and Jaylynn. They are 4 and 3 now.

Today is our Huntington Reunion at Dorchester Park. We plan to eat at 1 p.m.

I remember the Gaylord reunions at the Grange Hall at the fairgrounds in Whitney Point when I was a kid. So much to eat and such fun with all those other kids. Of course we wore dresses back then in the late forties.

And who were those old people. I remember tall, gaunt old men and hadn't a clue who they were except for their names. After I got interested in genealogy I was able to connect names, faces and how they were related.

Strange but now I'm probably the age those men were back then. I'm not old.

Speaking of families, there is a Thomas Family Cemetery on a knoll on Rt. 12A. Price Chopper is building a supermarket there. There has been some questions about moving the cemetery to allow better visibiliy for vehicles going in and out of the parking lot. Finally the State Supreme Court Judge has approved an order to construct a new Thomas Family Cemetery. The bodies will be removed, temporarily stored and then reburied in a location close to their original resting place.

Chris

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home