Sunday, September 5, 2010

It was Roberta Horton's Idea


Remember my writing about the guild program of switching FQs with your neighbor while standing in a circle. Here's what I was left with to create a Sawtooth Star. It's cut and laid out, just waiting for me to sew it. Not as ghastly as I'd imagined.
Today we're going to Lois Ann's for a cookout. Weather is sunny and cool this morning. Fall is coming.
I'm making that delicious Calico Squash Casserole recipe that Tonie brought to the reunion and shared the recipe with me.
Triangle Guild is making pillowcases for Conker Cancer. We started at 5 p.m. (some did but I had a short nap so arrived at 6 p.m) on Thursday. I had 2 cases done by 6:45 p.m. Thanks to Judy, Cheryl and Shirley for cutting fabric into kits for us beforehand. Shirley pressed and pinned as we stitched. I didn't get a count but we had a batch for Pam M. to take with her. Pam is the coordinator for a large section of New York State for this project.
She said she recently delivered 350 pillowcses to a Syracuse hospital where children with cancer from this area are usually treated. She will be making a drop there in a few days.
The next day I found fabric in my stash to make more cases. If I use it up I can buy more.
Enjoy the holiday weekend and fly your flag,
Chris

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home