Thursday, November 18, 2010

Finally Finished

This morning I finally finished this little reversible table runner. I love the light summery fabrics on this side. The pattern is Game Board.
This is a close up of the center panel. Love those seed packets and promise of summer contained in them.
Here's the Christmas side, all ready to put on my table on November 26th.
And here is a close up of the center panel. Cardinals, greenery and Christmas Roses. What more could we want. The Christmas Roses remind me of visiting my relatives Olive and Nora years ago. They had a clump near their door. I loved to see those roses blooming in December.
Here's the vest I made in class. There are ten tree fabrics in the striped side and two of those are repeated in the back and left side plus in the lining. I am enjoying wearing the vest. The only item I bought for this vest was 3 buttons. I didn't realize I had such a stash of batiks.
Just realized I have a 20" strip of the Christmas runner border left over. Will border it and use as another runner. Waste not, want not, our grandmas said.
Are you baking for the Thanksgiving holiday? I have three loaves of banana nut bread in the freezer. I plan to make some cranberry bread and pumpkin bread.
And then the cookie season begins. Kolachkis, mincemeat cookies, marachino cherry cookies and more will come from my oven. Bob swears I only let him have the kolachkis that are burned or fall on the floor.
Campfire Girls are meeting tomorrow. We generally take a bag of returnable items when we go. This time I have Lois Ann's black and white bag and Ella Mae's scissors. Think I'll take a handful of those quuilt magazines that are in the giveaway box.
I need to show Lois Ann how to make a pillowcase. I have two all ready to be rolled up like a hot dog, sewn, birthed and side and end seams sewn. Nothing like hands on to learn.
Chris




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home