Thursday, August 27, 2009

It's Quilted

My Nickel Brick quilt has been quilted and I brought it home yesterday. Now to trim and apply the bindings. It's 85" x 85" and has a narrow black border and a piano key border. The backing is purple. This is the top before it went off to the Quilted Crow to have Peg work her magic on it.

It has been a cool morning here in NY, 56 degrees. It's feeling more and more like fall. We've had fog in the valley nearly every morning. But the sun is out and it's going to be a good day.

For the past week or so I've been putting donation quilts from blocks the guild members made. Two were completed but when I laid out the third it only had eight blocks. I needed a boat pattern. I sat leafing thru a magazine and found just what I needed. So from McCall's Quilting, August 2009 I found Li'l Skipper. I used the sailboat pattern which was an 8 1/2" block, added 2 1/2" borders to each side and was very happy about the results. Some little boy will love this quilt with its jaunty sailboats in two patterns.

I've finished donation blocks for both guilds and made more blocks for Triangle Guild's raffle quilt in blue and yellow.

This morning I sewed a Wizards and Worriors (that's the spelling on the selvege edge) pillowcase for Bob's grandson Kohdy who just turned six. He saw his sisters' birthday pillowcases a while back and wondered where his was.

Now to trimming and binding. I'll resurface in a while. Will have to come up for air and cook too. Wonder if I could get takeout til they are finished.

Chris

2 Comments:

At August 29, 2009 at 7:19 PM , Blogger Kathleen KC1930) said...

I love this pattern! Can you share with me the brick and shashing sizes? With my overwhelming collection of nickels, I sure could whip several of them together! Thanks!

 
At September 1, 2009 at 4:17 PM , Blogger Erzebat said...

purty! good work as usual cotton top! (mauh) Liz

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home