Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Hooray for the Red, White and Blue

Today I brought this quilt home to trim and bind. It was quilted by Peg at the Quilted Crow in Sanitaria Springs, NY. This is the final entry for the Chenango Piecemakers Show on Oct. 10, 11 and 12th at the Oxford High School just off Rt. 12 in Oxford, NY. It will also be shown at the Triangle Guild's Show on Oct. 24th at Fall Festival, with the show in the Whitney Point Middle School's small gym, Rt. 11, Whitney Point.
This is Bob's quilt. The red, white and blue honors him, a Korean War veteran. He has suffered from PTSD since he was a young man, coming home from the war. He has nightmares every night.
When I wrote the last post I forgot to mention that it was 53 degrees the morning we went to the lake for a bath. The water didn't seem as cold as it does in the summer.
Last week we went to Mohawk Valley Quilt Club's show at the Utica Curling Club. I met Fran again and another of our AOL chatters Marilyn and her granddaughter Jessica. Jessica is seven and is learning to sew. Bob even went to the show with me.
My cousin Ella Mae suckered me into making a couple of beaded bracelets. Need I say more. Tomorrow the Campfire Girls are meeting at her house for a quick lunch, beading, some card games (get out the green visors) and then a quick trip to the Clothing Bank. I have a few items to donate as does June.
Keep on stitching.
Chris

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home