Saturday, September 5, 2009

Saturday Morning Musings


Top picture is my Scrappy Bargello quilt before quilting and binding. The backing is a pink and green basket weave and the binding is pink. Looking good. Hope to finish handsewing the binding today. I'm so slow at handsewing as I don't do much.
Second picture is the notorious flagpole at camp. We had a few laughs about the flagpole in the Quilt Chat last night and I promised the girls I'd post a picture.
A group of us Campfire Girls are going to camp on the 11th and coming home the 14th. What fun we have up there. Eat, sleep, read, play cards, walk, talk.....and relax. June, JoAnne, Lois Ann, myself and probably Jeanie will be there.
Camp is up in St. Lawrence County back of beyond. We drive in thru a locked gate that goes to Little Kildare Hunting Club, go about three miles on a one lane road to camp. My cousins have owned the camp for over twenty five years. It is rustic, to say the least. No electric, water, and hardly any cell phone reception. We use LP gas to cook and for two lights in the kitchen and over the big table. We bathe in the lake. Hope it's warm next weekend. Brrrrrrrrrrr!
Chris


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home