Saturday, May 22, 2010

Saturday Thoughts



SweetOldBob was coerced into modeling the bibs I made for the residents of the Oxford, NY Veterans Home. As he is a vet, I thought he'd enjoy doing this. When I got the second one done he was less than thrilled to be my model, as evidenced by his expression. The reverse side of each is a floral so they serve dual use for the men and women at the home. There are twelve women residents who served in the military.
Triangle Guild has made this a project after a member went there to find out what they needed. She brought back a bib and drafted a pattern for us. Thank you, Joan. We met at 5 p.m. before our May meeting and started the project. You might notice the pocket welts, buttons on the front and vest points. Apparently some of the male residents objected to wearing bibs. These are called adult clothing protectors.
It's a beautiful day here in NY. I was out watering my pot garden already. Last Sunday I picked the first of the leaf lettuce. This mesculan mix is a good one to grow in pots. Cucumbers will be planted in a day or so.
Today I need to sew. After I showed the Triangle Guild members how to make the Disappearing 4 Patch, that was designated our June block of the month, to be made in yellow and green. I have my yellow and green fabrics laid out on the cutting table, ready to be cut. Thank you, Billie Lauder, for this block.
Enjoy your weekend,
Chris

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home