Sunday, February 28, 2010

Just a quick post


We did get snow here in our part of New York State the other day. The official reading was 16 1/2". High winds made nasty drifts. One local road was closed because of the drifts. The snow stopped on Friday and the sun came out.

Today some of the Campfire Girls are going to Mat's Beads. I need some split rings. A few came with a pack of clasps but I can't open them. But I sure can make them fly across the room...plink, plink. I found half of one in the corner. I do have the special pliers to open them. I made a necklace of stones that are spring colors. When I get the clasp on I will take a picture.

I made applesauce again the other day. I core the apples with my little corer/divider and put the wedges in a pan with a little water. Then cook until tender. Run the cooked apples thru the sieve. Add a tiny bit of Splenda and enjoy the nice pink applesauce. I've used Empires for the last batch. The batch before that used whatever was in the fruit drawer, including Granny Smiths.

Bob likes a banana pie so I made one for him the other day. Graham cracker crust, purchased. Mix pudding and put half into crust. Slice a few bananas into the pudding and cover with more pudding. Chill and give a squirt of whipped cream to each serving. He's a happy man.

It's snowing now. The temperature has been at least 40 each day including Thursday when we got most of our snow. We get our daily snow flurry but it doesn't seem to add up to much.

Now to search for a picture to add to this. Hmmmmmmmmmm.......found it. One of my favorites. The view from camp over Carry Reservoir last September.
Chris

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home