Friday, January 21, 2011

Can't Put It Off Any Longer

A few years ago Sue Had An Idea. Now Sue has a lot of ideas but this was one of her best. She saw the Fons and Porter Cutting Bee book and thought we could do a strip exchange at retreat.
On a Saturday at Casowasco we meet and exchanged strips, amidst a bit of confusion as some had cut their strips from fat quarters instead of across the width of 42" fabric. We exchanged 4 1/2" and 2 1/2" strips of assorted medium/dark autumn fabrics and assorted light fabrics. After we finished we were all going to make a quilt from the book. Donna Hanley had hers done first and we didn't see another for at least a year of more. Now some are appearing. Sue made two last winter in Florida.
I had good intentions and started the Jacob's Ladder, took it to retreat several times, put it away and decided to finish it this year, in time for our October quilt show.
Yesterday I got out the package of instructions, strips, blocks, pieces of blocks etc. Before I went to bed I finished this block. I need to make six more of this block and fifteen more of a variation on this block. It will be a great quilt for my bed when finished.
After Sue received an email from me yesterday morning, she called me. It was great to hear her voice. She is doing better and gets her cast off the wrist on February 10. She told me she has 5 screws holding the bone together and a pin to keep the wrist at the correct angle. She said the pin is under the cast so she can't see it. She is improving and had been out walking that morning.

Somehow with the Christmas hubbub I got behind on my donation blocks so I made this December block yesterday for Piecemakers. It is called Album Block Variation. The purples and lavendars in the fabric are just so spring looking.

This is the February block, done ahead of time. It is called Nelson's Victory. I think pink is my favorite color.
We had a dusting of 3 or 4 inches of snow overnight. Schools are on a two hour delay. I can hear snowplows at work clearing roads and parking lots.
Hopefully the roads will be clear by lunch time so I can go out to lunch with the Campfire Girls.
Now it is time to sew the next block. If I can do one a day they will be done quickly.
Chris


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home