Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Sewing Donation Blocks

Here's my donation block for January. I mislaid the pattern and dark blue snowflake fabric until just before the meeting. Rail Fence is a great beginner pattern. I posted pictures of some of the blocks in my last update. Some used reds, greens and several other contrasting strips. Here's my February block. Attic Windows is the name. Joanne gave us the center square. I just happened to have the dark fabric (Quest for a Cure). The outer pink has small white dots. I've been collecting dots for some unknown reason.
This is SweetOldBob bringing the mail in. The Postman doesn't ring here. He just walks in. No school today in most of the schools in our area. Even Broome Community College is closed. Lots of accidents reported on the scanner. Red Hats cancelled for today. Ice underneath the snow we got overnight. Cars on their roofs, a tractor trailer tried to go under the Robinson Street Underpass in Binghamton. Left the catwalk from the top of the tanker behind. One car MVA on south side of Kattelville Hill, with injuries.
Sewing day today. I need to make a couple of blocks for PIecemakers Guild now.
On February 6th we will have Super Sew Sunday up in Norwich. We get a lot accomplished on that day. Good food, good friends and sewing.
I'm reading the Margaret Maron books in the Deborah Knott series. Today's choice is Death's Half Acre.
Last night Jeremy posted a picture of Caleb standing on Facebook. He was seven months old yesterday.
Be safe and stay warm.
Chris


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home