Saturday, February 12, 2011

Hitting the Road

This has been a busy week for us. On February 4th we went to Jeanie's house, enjoyed a sandwich and then worked on various projects. Here's Jeanie sewing away. Ella Mae showed Lois Ann how to make bias binding for the Little Ladies dresses. I need one of those Clover gadgets....I don't have one so I need it.
Here they are, Ella Mae and Lois Ann.
On Sunday, February 6th members of Chenango Piecemakers met for Super Sew Sunday. Below you will see Mary Rose (left) and Nancy Carney working on some quilts.
This quilt is laid out on batting and ready to be layered with the backing. This is what happens to the donation blocks.
Elaine Schwan, Noel Briand and Betty Sue Christian are having a consult about the blocks for a top, selecting from many made by members.
After volunteering at the library last Monday afternoon, answering questions and bringing out microfiche of the New York State Vital Records Index to patrons I went to a baby shower. This was for Laurel Stallman, the mother of Kaitlyn Marie Ruby who was born 3 months prematurely on November 9, 2010. Kaitlynn is nearly ready to come home from the hospital.
Laurel received many wonderful and useful gifts for Kaitlyn including lots of diapers in premie and newborn size.
I thought I had forgotten my camera but found it tucked in my purse after the shower.
This is the cake after it had been cut. Great grandmother Alice cut carefully around the edges. It was so pretty. Sweet Pea was appropriate because Kaitlyn weighed 1 lb. 9 oz. at birth. She now weighs over 3 lbs.
A picture of Laurel finally enjoying her cake after the gifts were open. The shower was a surprise for her.
Thursday Red Hats met for game day at Helen's home in Sanitaria Springs. We never did get to playing games. We just sat and chatted and caught up that cold afternoon.
Yesterday I hosted the Campfire Girls here. Corn Chowder to warm them after a -1 on my thermometer. We played a couple of games of cards, Cody's game and Skip Bo.
Today we slept late, not waking until 9 a.m.
This will be a good day to relax. Think I'll make a pot of vegetable soup.
Tomorrow we will watch NASCAR starting the season with the Daytona 500. Seeing the pictures of the new resurfaced track brings back memories of 1979 when I went there the first time. I pointed out to Bob the finish line and the banking. I walked across the finish line that year. That was steep.
Enjoy your day and try to stay warm. It was 32 when I finally got up.
Chris





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home