Saturday, October 3, 2009

Fall is Here


It's a beautiful Fall Saturday morning here in New York State. The trees are changing colors, but not at the peak. The early morning fog has risen. Life is good!

This weekend I am handsewing binding onto the Hooray for the Red, White and Blue quilt. The total diameter of this quilt is the same as the Nickel Brick quilt.

My granddaughter sent me a list of the owners of her Grandmother's Flower Garden. (Picture of the quilt in a previous post) They are: 3x great grandmother Brown, 2x great grandmother Randall, Great grandmother Letha West, Aunt Donna West Rehak and Becki Glover Tennant.

I need to make a trip to Chenango Valley Cemetery to get the name of Great Grandmother Brown as Letha is buried in the same lot. Back to the genealogy again. I'll also use census records to find Great Grandmother Randall's name.

Time to fix breakfast before I hear a pitiful cry from downstairs. "Is the diner open."

Chris



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home