Wednesday, October 7, 2009

JPo's Surprise




As some of you know our friend Debbie has been spending more time than she has wanted to at a hospital in Boston. When she was there two weeks ago the doctors found another blood clot. She has been in terrible pain because the stent irritated a nerve. This will heal and she will be okay eventually.
In the meantime, Nancy had a Glory Boxes top she made. Jackey offered to quilt it. Helen Marie contributed fabric. And.........I was asked to make a tote to carry the quilt. (Which I must say was a thing of beauty.)
Yesterday afternoon I drove out to Debbie's house and gave her the bag with the quilt. Her first question was "Who made the bag?" As we know her comments about lime/snot green all too well I had to admit I made the bag.
Then she pulled the quilt out of the bag and admired it. In the third picture she is looking at the label, surrounded by a Purple Churn Dash.
She loves the quilt and told me it was beautiful. (She did not say "In spite of the snot green binding.") She looked at it and pointed to several fabrics and said "This looks like a Helen Marie fabric."
Debbie told me that she is cold in the car so it will be great to cover up with while Jeff is driving with the AC on.
It's great to see what a hugs quilt can do for our friends.
I offered to give her some of the fabric I made the bag from. Can you imagine she declined it. She also said her husband hopes she never has to take it to a hospital.
I had to get the quilt out of my home as Bob was developing a great liking to it.
Chris



1 Comments:

At October 7, 2009 at 6:21 AM , Blogger Erzebat said...

beautiful!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home