Thursday, October 8, 2009

Take a Deep Breathe

It's time to take a deep breathe and relax today. My quilts were delivered this morning to Gail who graciously said she would do that job for the Quilt Show Committee.
The picture is sunset over Carry Reservoir last month. The Raquette River bed is on the far side of the water. Back in the 1950s Niagara Mohawk dammed up the river to provide electricity. I think there are five dams on the river. Camp sits between Stark and Carry.
Tomorrow is set up for the show. I need to collect articles for the vingettes such as baskets and chairs to take plus the two antique quilts for the bed turning.
Last night while I was at the Broome County Public Library's Local History and Genealogy Center I found quite a bit of information about the women who owned my granddaughter's Grandmother's Flower Garden.
We think the quilt was made in the 1920s or early 1930s by Minnie Brown. Minnie was widowed in 1900 and had six children. She died in 1933.
Her daughter Louie Belle Brown Randall was the next owner of the quilt. Louie died in 1959 in Binghamton.
Her daughter Leta Randall West was the next owner. Leta was a sweet dear lady who I remember. My son Jack Glover was married to her granddaughter Sue. Leta died in 1993.
The quilt went to her daughter Donna West Rehak. When my granddaughter Becki Glover was to marry Jeremy Tennant in July 2008 Donna gave her the quilt alone with a list of the owners.
Becki brought the quilt to my home for me to look at and forgot it when she left. I made a white pillowcase to store this special quilt in.
This quilt will be a part of Chenango Piecemakers' Bed Turning this weekend at our show.
(The quilt is pictured in a previous post.)
Chris

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home