Sunday, December 20, 2009

Donation Quilts

JoAnne told me yesterday that the count this year for our donation quilts is 36. These will go to Broome Developmental for distribution.
The above quilt is a Split Rail Fence in autumn colors that I made. I almost feel sunglasses should go along with the quilt.

Each month a member gives out a pattern for a new block. Sometimes a color is suggested or it is quilter's choice as to colors. We made 12" finished size blocks and they are put together. Some are tied and others are machine quilted.

The Campfire Girls were here yesterday for lunch. I made a Chicken Casserole that they liked and a Waldorf Salad that they also liked. Ella Mae brought homemade chunky applesauce. That was sooooooooo good. Later we played Pay Me. To my surprise, I won.

We had cookies for dessert. Ella Mae brought her Rum Balls and I had Maraschino Cherry and Mincemeat Cookies.

The temperature has been up to 30 today but was dropping when I closed the curtains around 4 :30 p.m. It's a clear night so far.

I baked the kolachkis today. We ate the broken ones. (Bob said we ate the ones that fell on the floor or burned.)

Chris

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home