Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Lady of Lake Erie

This is the latest from Bonnie Hunter as seen in Quiltmaker Magazine, May/June 2011.














She calls it Lady of Lake Erie as she did this version of Lady of the Lake in blues.

I just had to try it. It was easy. I used my Omnigrid HST ruler to cut the small triangles.


I wonder how it would look down scrappy, and working the colors on the diagonal. Hmmmm, might give it a whirl. Another project box please. Could do one in polka dots. Wonder if I have enough. Will have to think about what path to follow before I start.


On Friday I'm off to a quilt retreat with the Chenango Piecemakers.


I just looked at the picture again. I sewed the second strip of HSTs to wrong side of large HST. The strips of HSTs are to be sewn to the dark sides. Frog stitch coming up in my immediate future.


Chris

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home