Saturday, May 14, 2011

Another Busy Week

This past week has been busy. I started the 1600 Jelly Roll Challenge last weekend. I got the strips joined end to end.
On Tuesday morning I was sewing the first strips together when the phone rang. The car salesman said "Bob's car is ready." I shut off the machine and took him to Vestal where we picked up his new car. Finally on Wednesday I sat down and sewed the quilt together and pressed it. The above picture is not a great one as I don't have a spot to hang quilts for photos. But the colors are beautiful

Here's Bob with his new car. He's so proud of it.

The greenhouse has tomatoes, basil, parsley and sunflowers growing inside it. Mesculan is growing in a pot. Fresh lettuce soon for my sandwiches and salads.

Today I went thru my 2 1/2" strips and picked out a number that are not 40" long. I'm going to experiment and make a small top of scraps. It's definitely going to be scrappy. I've been sewing the strips end to end. Now I wonder how big this one will be. When it's done I'll post a picture.

We were watching the Nationwide Race at Dover, DE this afternoon. They had a bit of rain and the race stopped a short time. While the cars were covered waiting for the rain to stop I came up and sewed more strips together. Maybe tomorrow I can finish this top.

The 2 1/2" bin is still very full.


Chris



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home