Monday, May 2, 2011

A Bit of Progress

Here's a bit of the Merry Go Round hexagon quilt I started ages ago. It is scrappy. The pieces are finally all cut out. Now it is a matter of sitting down and sewing the triangle into half hexs, strips and finally onto the quilt. It's going to be a long haul, I feel it in my bones.
I worked on it at retreat, getting all the strips cut.
Now to use the triangles as leaders and enders. I have to think of it that way so I can sew while I am working on another project.

Today's my two "L" day, laundry and library. The laundry's in the dryers now.
At the library I volunteer on Monday afternoons at the Local History and Genealogy Center, second floor, Broome County Public Library. The demand for microfiche of NYS Vital Records Index is steadily increasing. Several Mondays I've given 70 in a three hour period to patrons. People are so happy that they don't have to drive to Syracuse or Elmira to read the fiches.

Time to go fold clothes.

Chris

1 Comments:

At May 6, 2011 at 5:55 PM , Blogger Kathi said...

Merry Go Round is looking great! I started that pattern one time and must've gotten sidetracked. Keep it up, you'll be finished in no time!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home