Sunday, May 8, 2011

It's a Miracle

Marilyn Belford's Medea Escaping as shown at the Common Threads show last weekend. Beautiful art quilt. The colors are amazing. When you see it, you can feel the heat of the flames.

The miracle is that I was able to bend body to paint my toenails yesterday.

On Friday Ella Mae, Jeanie and myself drove over to Harford to have lunch at a little bakery and visit briefly with our friend June. We ran into JoAnne outside the shop.

After we ate lunch we purchased some baked goods to take home. Jeanie had a loaf of bread that had us salivating every time we got back in the car. There is nothing to equal a loaf of freshly baked bread, is there?

Then it was up the road and over the hills to JoAnn's in Ithaca. Found a little timer that I have now in the sewing room. Only $2.50. When it bings I know it's time to stop sewing and go on to something else.

Next stop was Quilters' Corner on West State Street. This was my first visit since they moved downtown. What beautiful fabrics they have. I'd recommenbd it highly if you are in Ithaca. I got a pack of 2 1/2" strips to do the Jelly Roll Challenge. I have 2/3s of them joined together so I can start sewing.

On our way home we stopped to see our friend Leona at Jo-Le Fabrics. She's over 90 now and still going strong. We always enjoy talking with her. Got some nice fabric too.

It was nearly 5 p.m. when I got home.

Before I met Ella Mae I drove in the other direction to Quilted Crow to leave my Jacob's Ladder quilt with Peg to be quilted. Now I'm on the final lap with this one.

Chris

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home