Thursday, May 19, 2011

Looking Back

Today I was looking at these pictures of my parents. Dorcie Huntington Gaylord born 1914 and died 1986. Dad James Homer Gaylord born 1908 and died 1981.

I pieced a scrappy version of the Jelly Roll Challenge, using pieces of 2 1/2" strips, not many of which were 40" long. Martha O'Keefe said "You have an interesting collection of fabrics there."

Someone else said "Fine for you to say, Martha." Martha uses the brightest fabrics in her quilts. But this is scrappy, real scrappy. I had a 32" x approximate 70" quilt top so I frog stitched the center seam and now have 2 small quilts. I added a border to each and am about to layer one and practice my machine quilting. Pictures later.

The rain has stopped temporarily. Hope it holds off on Saturday as we will be going to 5 year old Natalia's birthday party.

Chris



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home