Thursday, January 14, 2010

Busy, Busy, Busy


Peggy is a member of our Glorious Grannies Red Hat group. She was diagnosed with leukemia last summer. She's back with us and in good spirits. This picture was taken in November at Fran's house. We are so glad she is back with us and joining in on our fun.
We met again on Tuesday at Mary Ann's home and made Stone Soup. We all declared it excellent and not a case of too many cooks spoiling the soup. The girls surprised me with a birthday cake. As is Red Hat custom, during our birthday month we go to meeting dressed in red and wearing a purple hat.
It sure is great to have warmer weather after the hard winds and cold the past several weeks. It hit 40 here yesterday and looks like it might get there again today.
I've been shortening flannel pants and sweat pants for Bob. But first I washed and dryed them to shrink them. One Sunday he put on a pair of blue flannel pants with a lime green plaid and missed the solid colored shirt I laid out for him. They hadn't been shortened so he rolled the legs up. He coupled the pants with a black, brown and red flannel shirt. My son in law Eric stopped by that afternoon and asked "Playing golf today, Bob?"
Chenango Piecemakers sent out a call for donation blocks. I had one made for BOM, made a couple more blocks and then went into my block box. Have a few more ready to go to guild meeting tonight. We'll assemble the blocks into tops and then into quilts at Super Sew Sunday on February 7th.
Triangle Guild's February BOM is a pieced heart. I made three and the second one was a teensy bit under the 12 1/2" size. So I added a strip of the background fabric to two sides. Happens in the best of families.
This month I happily turned over the office of secretary and newsletter editor of Triangle Guild to JoAnne. She turned program chairman to me. I think I have programs in place thru July. (To any Chenango Piecemakers reading this, no, I don't want to be your newsletter editor. Elinor T. is doing a great job.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home