Sunday, January 24, 2010

Feels Like Spring


Thanks to Mary Ann P., my Red Hat Secret Sister in 2009, I have this Apple Blossom Amaryllis blooming right now. Two blossoms are on one stalk. And there is another bud on a second stalk.
I have the pot on the kitchen table where it gets the sun each day. The amaryllis is a spectacular plant to bring joy to our hearts this time of year.
It must be time for the seed catalogs to start arriving, something a gardener looks forward to.
I'll be potting up my geraniums at the beginning of March. Last fall I pulled them out of the pots and tucked into brown paper bags. They are hanging in my daughter's cellar until March.
I wonder if lettuce would germinate if I planted it now. Last summer I had a Mesculan mix of lettuces in a long planter all summer. (It was a cool, wet summer which helped.) Maybe I'll give it a try.
Chris

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home